Who I am
I am a visual artist working in Cornwall. My website address is: https://ronford.co.uk.
What personal data is collected and why
Your personal information may be collected from a number of sources. These include:
- From you when you contact or interact with this site by email, or through our contact page, or when you communicate through social media
- From forms you may complete
- From public sources of data (e.g. the contacts details you have chosen to make public on your website or social media)
If you decide to buy a painting or artwork I will also ask you for your normal mailing address for my invoice. Depending on the assignment you may disclose various other data but this will vary from client to client and will not apply to all. What you disclose is your choice.
Sharing your data
I rely on your consent for me to know and use the personal data you supply – such as name and email address. Your data is always kept safe and secure.
I will not rent, trade or share your e-mail address without your consent. Very occasionally people ask to be put in contact with another person. Rather than give their email address to you, I will forward your request to them and leave them to decide how and whether to respond.
How do I use your information?
I process your data in order to:
- Record any correspondence I receive and respond accordingly
- Send out information relating to news about events and exhibitions
- Enter into contracts with customers
- Maintain relationships with individuals and organisations and send messages from time to time
How long your data is retained
I will keep your data in my database, unless you ask me to remove it.
- Correspondence: I periodically delete contacts and associated emails
- News updates: Emails are stored on my computer.
- Personal data and business correspondence in relation to all business contracts involving payment is retained for a minimum of six years after the end of the tax year in line with the requirements of HMRC
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments, you can request to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Your information will not be sent to any other party or organisation.
Your contact information
Your contact information will be stored in my database and will be used to keep you informed about events and exhibitions that I am involved in.
How I protect your data
You information will be backed up weekly on a local hard drive which is protected by Norton 360 on my computer. I do not share this information with anyone else.
What third parties I receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Contact information and further advice
Ron Ford is responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection legislation. If you have a query please contact me in the first instance.
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioners Office is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK. They can be contacted through
- their website: www.ico.org.uk or
- their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or
- in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF